I.M. Systems Group, Inc. (IMSG) (www.imsg.com), a science and technical company supporting U.S. Federal Government, located in Rockville, Maryland is currently seeking to hire a Software Engineer to join our team efforts to support NOAA/NESDIS/Center for Satellite Applications Research (STAR). IMSG supports STAR in applied science research and development efforts in a semi-research and semi-operational working environment along with U.S. government scientists, visiting scientists, and other contractors. This task is to provide programming support to the aerosol team through web development for VIIRS and GOES-16 ABI data/products distribution, dissemination, and visibility.
Support lead NOAA/NESDIS/STAR scientist(s) in the following tasks:
• Mobile friendly web development through coding in php, java/python scripting to display SNPP VIIRS and GOES-16 ABI aerosol and fire products. Conduct user education and outreach activities for satellite-derived aerosol products
• Serve as Point of Contact for SNPP VIIRS and GOES-16 ABI aerosol products.
• Self-motivated software engineer with relevant training in computer science or web development
• Extensive experience and demonstrated skills in creating and maintaining efficient, modern, high-quality web content (CSS, HTML, PHP, Java scripting).
• Experience in app development is a plus and highly desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate (verbal/written).
• Team-work oriented.
• US Citizen
Please apply directly to our career portal or website: www.imsg.com or https://careers-imsg.icims.com
, (NOA 1780-Software Engineer (Aerosol Product Validation)) Include your resume, three references with contact information and a cover letter explaining how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position. Please indicate your timeline of availability and preferred salary level for consideration.
IMSG offers an outstanding overall Benefit Package including company paid leave, medical, dental, vision, and 401K. IMSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Veteran friendly.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Issues in Science and Technology